About the role:
- QS required for Engineering services related to on - going service works in Nuclear facility
- Lead the post-contract commercial relationships with a number of Contractors, working closely with Purchasing Teams to ensure management of post-contract procedures is fully aligned with the contract.
- Ensure the business only pays for what it is due, and achieves good value for money.
- Implement the PIMSL post-contract and variation management & control tools.
- Report post-contract savings made through Contract Audit process
- Manage the development of Forecast Final Costs figures for each element of spend to ensure accurate forecasting of a number of overall project.
- Analyse sub-contract estimates and forecast costs to ensure they are accurate and will be maintained within the target cost or lump sum depending on contract strategy.
- Assist in the development of Estimates & Budgets to ensure Leaders understand the overall costs and how much sanction will be required to execute the Scope.
- Manage costs journal transfers as required to ensure proper cost allocation.
- Supervise the development of budget phasing information in conjunction with planning & estimating to ensure realistic forecast are contained within annual budgets.
- Maintain detailed referenced files and supporting documentation to give a complete picture/audit trail for Projects to ensure historical data is retained for future use.
- Support Purchasing with the validation of Variation Requests from 3rd parties, and with carrying out 3rd Party Audits as required
- Degree-level qualification in Quantity Surveying, with experience in a related role preferably within the Oil & Gas industry
- Security Clearance advantageous.
- Post-Contract management experience in a large complex Nuclear environment, with a proven track record of administering complex and high value Contracts.
- Skilled in the use of the systems on site to manage costs and control projects
- Experience of working with a variety of Contract styles and arrangements.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Familiarity with the practical applications of PIMSL financial processes, specifically cost &
- estimating practices within a project.
- Ability to manage time effectively to achieve targets and objectives within deadlines.
What’s in it for you:
- Attractive Rate Negotiable
- Min 6 Months contract hire.