About the role:
- This role will support multiple projects within their UK wide project portfolio which may include existing generation, nuclear de-fueling, nuclear new build and/or nuclear decommissioning.
- Quality Engineers are accountable to provide positive leadership on quality matters within portfolios and project delivery teams and promote the adoption and culture of best practice, that delivers positive commitment to quality and engages all employees in continuous improvement.
- The Quality Engineer will monitor and report on the effectiveness of the quality management system and to make recommendations for improvement as appropriate, to ensure project activities comply with relevant procedures and QA requirements. The Quality Engineer is accountable to the client PPM or equivalent Group Head, with functional responsibilities to the client Quality Lead.
What you will need:
- HNC in a Technical Discipline or equivalent.
- Recognised BE EN ISO9001 Internal Auditor Training completed.
- Certification as IRCA Auditor/ Lead Auditor.
- Demonstrated proficiency in auditing and surveillance of client and contractor activities.
- Should be aware of the Site Licence requirements on quality assurance and arrangements required to ensure compliance.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Quality Management standards and guidelines including the current versions of BS EN ISO09001.
- Working knowledge of the current versions of IAEA GC-R-3, BS EN ISO14001 & OHSAS 18001.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Quality Management practices, methods, and processes. This should include experience within Projects Quality Management, ideally within the Nuclear Industry or other similar regulated environments.