A leading providers of building services, with a high quality engineering and contracting services covering all aspects of mechanical and electrical has exciting opportunities for highly experienced Quantity Surveyor to join their business in the North East of England
- Chase payment notices and monitoring when we are receiving our cash from the main contractors and highlighting any potential problems.
- Monitoring and reviewing with Contract Managers to ensure subcontract valuations are valued accurately and are not over paid. Any notice to pay less shall be agreed with the project-based staff and issued as standard procedure.
- Direct involvement of checking contractual information prior to CBS entering to a subcontract agreement. To be done in partnership if required with the commercial manager and commercial director.
- Recording site occurrences that affect the programme and final account of the project
- Liaising with project-based staff regarding weekly progress. To be aware and provide advice regarding programme delays that will impact commercially. Ensure timeous notices are issued (disruption and extension of time) – these must be raised to the Senior Management for discussion prior to issue.
- Assist the Contracts Manager and Project team producing the FR’s and having good knowledge of the projects financially.
- Liaising with project-based staff to ensure all variations are priced and submitted on time and fully substantiated to the requirements of the clients QS to help the process of instructions.
- Liaison with Contracts Managers regarding specific projects
- Discussing key commercial items with Contract & Commercial Manager.
- Demonstrate experience in pre- Contract
- Commercial review of Tender
- Notice of commencement/completion
- Knowledge and understanding of financial reviews
- Knowledge in Sub-contractor variations & payments terms
- Have worked for a tier one building services contractor within the commercial sector
- Hold a relevant qualification, HND/Degree level Must re-side in the North East of England
A career changing opportunity which will allow you to become an integral part of a growing strategic project division.
A highly attractive salary with additional company benefits
Flexible working conditions to support a balanced and healthy lifestyle.