The Quantity Surveyor administers the commercial aspects of a small to medium sized project, up to the value of £5 million pounds, or supports a more senior colleague in the administration of larger projects. This entails providing contractual and commercial guidance and advice to the Nuvia Project Manager, and working with client representatives and other stakeholders to help deliver a successful commercial outcome.
Position in organisation:
- Reporting directly to PM’s for project delivery on smaller projects or on larger projects through a Senior Quantity Surveyor or Commercial Manager. Functionally the Quantity Surveyor is under the local Commercial Manager.
- The Project Quantity Surveyor may also provide guidance and manage the deliverables of more junior commercial services personnel on the project, where deemed appropriate by the local Commercial Manager.
The Quantity Surveyor shall lead the following aspects of a contract and be able to do so for small to medium sized projects. Where supporting more senior colleagues on larger projects, the Quantity Surveyor will be allocated specific responsibilities within the aspects below:-
- Contract cash flow
- Contract change management
- Establishing subcontracts and subcontractor management
- Cost control and earned value management
- Project Commercial Reporting including accurate forecasting
- Negotiations with clients to secure our contractual entitlements
- Negotiations with subcontractors to defend spurious or exaggerated subcontract change claims
- Establishing and actively managing the project budgets with the Project Manager
- Managing the contract risks with the Project Manager
- Managing the implementation of the procurement strategy for the contract
- Can initiate and approve expenditure within project budget
- Can commercially control projects up to £5M (larger if reimbursable or working closely with the local Commercial Manager)
- Degree qualified in Quantity Surveying or a commercial related subject (candidates with significant appropriate experience may be considered)
- Candidate has demonstrable experience in several aspects of the above Key Accountabilities section. Minimum 4 years’ experience in the field of Quantity Surveying.
- Candidates must be eligible for SC clearance. Clearance will be sponsored by the Company.
- knowledge and experience of ‘construction / engineering’ contracts particularly NEC
- Flexibility to travel to other UK offices and sites on occasion as necessary
- PC literate in Microsoft Office Suite particularly Excel
- Articulate with good written communication
- Member of, or working towards membership of an appropriate professional institution
- Some experience gained within a large contracting or subcontracting organisation
- General understanding of nuclear process plant and equipment would be beneficial
- Full UK driving licence
- Professional Qualification: RICS Qualified MRICS Chartered Quantity Surveyor or equivalent.