Our Wigan recruitment branch has a solid base of clients but are looking for an ambitious individual to join the team and help build its next wave of growth and expansion. You do not need any previous recruitment experience – just an appetite to succeed and learn.
Who are NRL?
At NRL, our people play an integral role on major projects across a range of critical sectors including renewable energy, power generation and infrastructure. We’ve provided technical engineering recruitment and contracting services for over 35 years, and our success is down to the individuals in our regional branches and support office teams – working together to drive continuous improvement and innovation.
That’s why it’s important to us that every person is given the opportunity to grow and develop their capability. Our company values of care, openness, integrity, accountability, commerciality and professionalism guide us every day – and have transformed our small family-owned business into a multi-million pound award-winning organisation.
Your responsibilities and duties:
You’ll be supported by a comprehensive training programme, to ensure you receive the knowledge and tools needed to be successful. There’ll also be plenty of opportunity to take responsibility of your own workload and manage clients – to work towards running your own recruitment desk.
Your role will include the following duties:
- Working with our customer relationship management (CRM) system
- Contacting potential candidates via telephone and email
- Arrangement and coordination of interviews
- Client/worker liaison
- Placing job advertisements
- Supporting our robust compliance procedure
- Providing general administrative support as required
As your career progresses you can expect to:
- Identify and be involved in the progression of new business opportunities
- Source your own candidates to fulfil client requirements
- Manage client accounts and support the sales process
- Develop an understanding of market conditions within your industry sectors
The right person will:
- Be comfortable working both independently and also as part of a team
- Have a confident telephone manner
- Be a good communicator (both verbally and via email)
- Have strong organisation skills
- Be familiar with MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Enjoy working in a fast paced, reactive environment
- Have a desire to learn, develop and progress
A wealth of benefits
Just some of the benefits you will be able to access when you join the NRL Group include:
- 22 days holiday, raising to 25 after 5 years continued service – with the option to purchase additional days each year
- Competitive pension scheme
- Health Cash Plan medical expense allowance
- Working hours flexibility
- Long service awards
- Benefits platform including cycle to work scheme, paid charity days and life assurance