SummaryWe now have a number of new and exciting opportunities for Risk Managers to support high-profile nuclear and defence projects in the Bristol area.
Our client is a leading global consultancy with 75 years’ experience operating across the infrastructure, real estate, defence and natural resources sectors.
- Facilitate identification, assessment, mitigation and prioritisation of threats, opportunities within a programme.
- Maintain visibility of threat/opportunity trigger points to facilitate risk exposure profiling, timely draw down of risk contingency or retirement of threat/opportunity.
- Use risk data to inform funding decisions and annual planning cycles.
- Understanding or proven application of change management process for impacted threats and opportunities to the Project Management Baseline.
- Support Project Managers with identification and recording of appropriate management responses which are measurable and specific, to inform the post mitigated positions.
- Drive a proactive approach to the achievement of management responses to help deliver target positions and reduce exposure.
- Monitor overall risk exposure and assess against the remaining Risk budget.
- Proactively manage the completion of management responses to help deliver target positions.
- Work with contractors to assess contractor held risks and their views on client held risks that impact upon them.
- Produce risk reports as required, in a timely manner, to support the effective communication of threat & opportunities.
- Conduct quantitative risk assessment (cost and schedule) to inform project contingency levels.
- Substantial experience (10+) years in project controls management on major infrastructure projects.
- Educated to at least degree level, or equivalent training and experience.
- Chartered status or equivalent qualification, APM/IRM risk certified candidates preferred.
- Qualitative and quantitative assessment of risk.
- Working understanding of an integrated risk management process (risk, cost and schedule) on a large programme.
- Threat mitigation and opportunity exploitation.
- Probabilistic modelling (@risk, PRA and P6 proficiency – or equivalent).
- Risk workshop facilitation.
- Excellent presentation, influencing and facilitation skills.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills.
- Promotion of equality in the workplace and adoption of appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleagues.
- Expected to demonstrate experienced levels of competence with tools such as PRA, @risk, Safran or similar.
- Familiarity with web-based database tools – ARM, Predict, Tableau.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft applications, Business Intelligence (BI) tools and Knowledge and Proficiency with other project control software.
What’s on offerThis is an excellent opportunity to work for a leading global consultancy across some of the UK’s most high-profile nuclear and defence projects.
Our client is an equal opportunities employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for its employees and actively encourages applications from all sectors of the community.
About NRLNRL connects global engineering companies with the right people to help their businesses grow and thrive, connecting organisations and candidates that share the same values and drive to succeed. As we progress your application our team of talented recruiters will be on hand to help you explore the role and answer any questions you have.
We welcome applications from every walk of life, and are committed to driving diversity and inclusion within the industries we support. That’s why our Member Committed to Diversity status with the Association of Professional Staffing Companies is so important to us.