We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
About the Role:
- Functionally leading and managing multiple technical design packages and associated teams, agreeing project related objectives and acting as Intelligent Customer.
- Interfacing with the Primary Facility design teams to provide Secondary Facilities services, systems and infrastructure supporting their facilities from the site wide systems.
- Supporting development of the published User Requirements by translating them into candidate System Requirements for the Start Up phase (and beyond) of the project. This will inform the manageable work packages for outsourced design teams.
- Planning for effective project implementation and ensuring that design documentation covers the required scope of operations and is produced to agreed standards, schedule and budget.
- You will be degree qualified in an engineering discipline and preferably registered as a Chartered Engineer.
- Relevant knowledge and skills required in the technical management of complex design development throughout the design lifecycle.
- Experience of the design support to construction and operation of conventional and nuclear facilities.
- Sound understanding of engineering design and safety practice and ability to advise/supervise sub-contracted design house support.
- Sound project specification, planning, project management and budgeting experience.
- Working knowledge of relevant engineering office computer applications.
- The successful candidate will hold, or be eligible to acquire, Security Clearance at the appropriate level for this post.
NRL connect global engineering companies with the right people to bring their projects to life. As we progress your application our team of talented recruiters will be on hand to support you to secure your next role.
We welcome applications from every walk of life, and are committed to driving diversity and inclusion within the industries we support. That’s why our Member Committed to Diversity status with the Association of Professional Staffing Companies is so important to us.
For temporary workers and contractors opting to work with us through our Pay As You Earn (PAYE) payroll service, we’re delighted to offer a wealth of benefits including access to virtual and telephone GP appointments 24/7, health and wellness resources, gym discounts and retail savings.