The Major Infrastructure Projects Business Unit has been set up to establish and maintain a Strategic Infrastructure Plan for the site through to at least 2050 and to safely and effectively deliver the ‘major’ capital works projects that result from the Plan.
Must have nuclear or marine, not rail or aviation
Principal Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Manage one or more technical design packages agreeing project related objectives, managing designer performance and making appropriate technical management responses.
- Provide Subject Matter Expert advice as per discipline.
- Ensure that the design documentation covers the scope of operations required by the Project Manager and is produced to agreed standards, schedule and budget
- Plan for effective project implementation, identifying key factors and leading the project’s technical planning process.
- Ensuring effective Quality Management Arrangements, operate and deliver through compliance with the Business Management System and Technical Manual.
- Ensure that the processes and activities being managed are appropriately documented with appropriate records maintained and configuration and quality controls applied.
- Ensure that staff and contractors are familiar with the hazards and risks associated with the work undertaken by the delegated engineering team through effective management and communication of the Risk Assessment.
- A degree in an appropriate engineering discipline.
- Nuclear: Nuclear Introductory Course or equivalent nuclear and/or marine system knowledge.
- Design and substantiation of heavy civil engineering and building structures to relevant seismic codes for satisfying Nuclear Safety Functions; particular experience in dock structures preferred
- Knowledge of architectural design of industrial buildings.
- Knowledge of building services design and installation.
- Knowledge of construction techniques employed for Nuclear Safety related structures and buildings.