They are a private-sector group operating in the public interest. Their purpose is to finance, design, build and manage facilities for use by businesses, communities and individuals.
The heart of their identity is the core principle of the workplace - trust, respect and mutual assistance, putting people before systems at the same time encouraging individual initiative and teamwork.
- Construction: Civil/ structural
- Project: New build Healthcare facility
- Annual Salary: Approx £50,000 per annum- negotiable so please advise
- Car allowance
- Full Time, Permanent Role
- No remote working
- SMSTS/ SSSTS
Responsible for initiating and leading tasks and processes, taking responsibility and being accountable, where relevant, for the work and roles of others whilst exercising broad autonomy and judgement within broad parameters in their area of responsibility. Specialist learning and involves detailed analysis of a high level of information and knowledge in an area of work or study
Responsible for supervising the construction on a section or project dependent on the scale and complexity of the works involved to ensure that all works, including those of suppliers and subcontractors are coordinated to deliver on safety, quality and environmental objectives. Take a lead role when work demands a team of Supervisors.
Health and Safety
- Ensure that the works are undertaken in accordance with all VINCI HS&E legislation, and the site Health Safety and Environmental Plans and Minimum Safety Standards.
- Put safety first and instill this in subcontractors and suppliers
- Ensure that risk assessments and method statements are maintained and Risk Assessments and Method Statement boards are up to date.
- Ensure that works are coordinated to ensure suitable safe access and segregation is maintained.
- Monitoring and enforcement of PPE compliance,
- Undertake weekly recorded site inspections for temp works such as hoardings, scaffolds, Haki stairs etc.
- Review Risk Assessments and Method Statements submitted by Subcontractors.
Planning and Program
- Follow the day to day plan for site operations and manage own resource to meet this program.
- Set up teams to complete sections of work
- Calculate the resource required to effectively complete their section of work within the program time
- Assist in developing and implementing opportunities for improvement, which overcome problems and / or mitigate risk
- Take lead role in team of Supervisors or Supervisor role on high value or complex trade or section of works
- Supervise site activities to ensure works are carried out safely and in accordance with the method statements that they remain on target and that problems are resolved or notified.
- Keep records of variations as required by the change control process and ensure works are instructed under a written site instruction
- Make effective use of document control to manage information
- Ensure understanding of the Specification, Construction drawings, Subcontractor shop drawings to know what we must build to be compliant with the Contract
- Take off material, raise requisitions and call off schedules
- Understand correct storage requirements for materials and Implement material storage plan
- Manage site reporting such as record sheets, site diary etc.
- Using COINS, keep track of costs from ongoing hire of tools and equipment and off hire (when not required)
- Understand and follow the VINCI quality policy and systems
- Coordinate, in conjunction with Commercial team, Daywork Sheets submitted by subcontractors
- Ensure that robust site procedures are established and employed and undertake daily checks.
- Undertake inspections in line with the Inspection and Test Plans to ensure workforce are meeting quality requirements.
- Ensure plant is inspected to meet PUWER guidelines.
- Participate in knowledge share events.
How to apply
- If you are interested in the above, or know someone who is, please forward me A recent CV and pictures of certification
- Alternatively if you would like further information please contact myself at the Sunderland Branch.
Working with NRL
NRL connect global engineering companies with the right people to bring their projects to life. As we progress your application our team of talented recruiters will be on hand to support you to secure your next role.
We welcome applications from every walk of life, and are committed to driving diversity and inclusion within the industries we support. That’s why our Member Committed to Diversity status with the Association of Professional Staffing Companies is so important to us.