- Support the development of commercial and contractual responses to client enquires and proposal requests from clients in support to the New Energy team including:
- Working with technical team to develop commercial responses as required
- Coordinating input from all our client’s stake holders including, Compliance, Legal, Finance, Tax, and security etc as required.
- Qualify client T&C’s / Heads of Terms if provided in line with our client’s procedures
- Coordinate and support obtaining approval via our client’s Risk Review Process as required, i.e.
- Kick off risk review process
- Coordinate and manage submissions and review meetings as required by the process
- Coordinate all support required from the wider team to obtain required approvals
- Close out actions as required
- Oversee, negotiate and finalise agreements for the provision of New Energy services as agreed via the RRC process, ensuring compliance with required protocols and stakeholder guidance such as Legal, Tax, HSSEIA, and Technical etc.
- Control the Confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements associated with the New Energy business and BD activities.
- Develop and negotiate MoU’s and Collaboration agreements with key partners to support growth of the Business.
- Work with the commercial and operational management team to ensure that service delivery is compliant with contractual terms.
- Proactively monitor each client contract to ensure critical dates such as rate reviews, renewals, extensions, work orders etc are in place.
- Coordinate and manage response to any client contract disputes.
- Guided by the Subcontracts Functional Head, lead the engagement with potential Construction subcontractors and the negotiation of commercial/contractual agreements with Technology Providers/ Licensors
- Ensure that main contract risks are appropriately mitigated through the relevant subcontracts and licensor agreements.
- Contribute in bringing new and innovative commercial and sub-contracting structures / arrangements though internal process and subsequently to the market.
- Proactively work with other service lines to develop differentiated commercial offerings that maximise value to client and our client
- Develop comprehensive pricing and rate benchmarking for delivering FEED, EPC and O&M across New Energy Services contracts.
- Solid working knowledge of IChemE, FIDIC and NEC based terms and conditions - including the ability to work with and modify special conditions.
- Working knowledge of various remuneration models specifically focused on PetroChem and renewable energy sectors.
- Ability to deal with contractual qualifications efficiently and effectively
- Experience in drafting / working with contracts with client and suppliers (OEMs and Construction companies) in differing commercial and contractual arrangements
- Demonstrable ability to apply innovative solutions
- Have knowledge of the onshore UK EPC construction (Civil, Mechanical &E&I) and fabrication market.
- Degree in Law, Law & Management or Quantity Surveying preferred but not essential dependent on the experience of the candidate
- Self-motivated with a strong ability to work proactively and independently against tight deadlines
- Team player with an open but strong working ethic
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to prioritise and manage multiple work scopes in a busy environment
- Proven negotiations skills
- Ability to influence stakeholders and work successfully with technical disciplines to deliver strong results
- Experience in a similar role within the Petrochem, Construction and/or Renewables sector.
- Ideally both UK Onshore and International experience within these sectors.
- Essential that candidate has recent deep experience in the UK Onshore EPC sector
- Experience working within an active and lively operational team.
What’s on offer:
- Competitive salary
- Permanent placement
- Hybrid working
NRL connect global engineering companies with the right people to bring their projects to life. As we progress your application our team of talented recruiters will be on hand to support you to secure your next role.
We welcome applications from every walk of life and are committed to driving diversity and inclusion within the industries we support. That’s why our Member Committed to Diversity status with the Association of Professional Staffing Companies is so important to us.