I am looking to recruit a Senior Control System on a permanent basis working for our client within their Nuclear Power business. Their team focuses on design & implementation of control and safety systems in the nuclear industry, delivering projects from requirements capture through to installation, and commissioning on nuclear facilities.
- Full life-cycle development from requirements capture through to installation and commissioning.
- Systems integration, test and validation of control, PLC, SCADA and simulator systems.
- Execute high-quality engineering tasks to time, quality, budget, and client satisfaction.
- Engage with clients to understand and deliver technical requirements.
- Manage client expectations through engagement and progress reporting.
- Mentor and support the development of junior engineers.
- Support the production of offers and proposals.
- Degree in relevant engineering discipline (e.g., Electronic / Electrical Engineering) or successful completion of a relevant apprentice scheme.
- Ability to work in the UK and eligible to gain baseline security clearance.
- Chartered or Incorporated Engineer status with a relevant professional body.
- Knowledge and experience of working in line with relevant guidelines, standards, and practices (e.g., IEC 61508, 61511, 61513, 61226, ONR SAPs / TAGS).
- Good knowledge and experience of delivering hardware or software-based control systems (e.g., PLC, FPGA, SMART Components, SCADA, HMI, DCS, DPS).
- Experience of producing detailed engineering documentation.
- Strong communication skills.
- Permanent position
- Competitive salary
- Hybrid working available between home & Newcastle upon Tyne
We welcome applications from every walk of life and are committed to driving diversity and inclusion within the industries we support. That’s why our Member Committed to Diversity status with the Association of Professional Staffing Companies is so important to us.