- Work with a multi-disciplined group (Engineering and or Construction) to determine the EAC, the efficiency of both cost (CPI) and schedule (SPI), highlight the potential risk(s) to completion and their financial impact
- Implementing and evaluating earned value on projects to track progress in home office and or field construction projects
- Proactively monitoring and communicating budget, actual status, and forecast costs/labour hours for projects. Creating client and internal status reports that effectively communicate cost status
- Use analytical thinking ability to assist the project manager and or construction manager to develop accurate and timely estimate at completion on a monthly basis.
- Reviews data to determine material and labour requirements to assist in forecasting the project at completion
- Consults with clients, vendors, or other individuals to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Contributes to development of new techniques and/or standards.
- Develop change notices in a timely fashion in connection with the PM/CM
- Coordinates requirements for project managers and implements specific control procedures.
- Extensive cost engineering/ project controls experience on EPCMV life-cycle projects in the Life Sciences, Bio-Pharma industry
- Specific experience in cost engineering functions, including cost estimating, cost control, change management, risk management, cost analysis, variance analysis
- Experience with work breakdown structures and resolving financial issues
- Knowledge of Engineering and Construction techniques and their costs impacts
- Preferably a Bachelor’s degree in Quantity Surveying, Business Administration, Project Management, Construction Management, or equivalent relevant work experience
- Cost Engineering /Project Controls experience on EPCMV Bio/Pharma Projects
- Advanced Excel and/or Power BI skills
- Experience pricing Request For Proposals (RFP’s)
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive hourly rate
- Stable contract duration