The project involves the design and detailing of a new Central Export Facility from Concept through to Detail Design. It includes the determination of: the building footprint; the requirements and construction for the building envelope; finalisation of internal building layout; and the design requirements (including normal and nuclear safety case requirements, security, loading, environmental, planning, etc.) in collaboration with other stakeholders (e.g. other engineering disciplines, Legal and Security, etc.).
A Senior CS&A Engineer is required to lead and support delivery of the CS&A elements of the project, in collaboration with other stakeholders and engineering disciplines. The role will involve the following, among others:
- Leading design delivery of the CS&A elements of the project, linking with the SL CS&A RE and collaborating with Safety and other engineering disciplines to meet project objectives and milestones;
- Developing, allocating and supervising delivery of CS&A design deliverables (e.g. designs, assessments, drawings, and reports), checking and approving the output;
- Holding assistance and assurance reviews at important junctures of the design development to ensure that the output meets the project objectives; and
- Monitoring and reporting progress against delivery schedules.
Essential Experience & Qualifications
- General all round civil and structural design experience required, with experience working on new nuclear build and interfaces with existing structures.
- Experience in producing desktop soil and ground investigations reports and specifying subsequent soil and ground investigations.
- Experience is also required in the design of concrete, steel and masonry structures, subject to normal and abnormal environmental loading, including earthquake loading.
- Experienced in developing engineering schedules, commenting on them and producing substantiation reports (e.g. DARs and DJRs).
- Experienced in delivering work for SL (preferred).
- The person should be either a Chartered Civil or Structural Engineer (preferred), or the minimum an Incorporated Engineer
- Security Clearance Requirements - SC clearance (minimum)
- Radiological Status Requirements - Monitored Worker (preferred)
Design Tools experience:
- Proficient user of MS Office suite
- Can design to both British, European and American design codes (preferred)
- Awareness of Sellafield Limited Management System and ability to work in accordance (preferred).
- Experience in searching for reports and drawings on SL archiving systems (e.g. Cimage and Icepac) or know where to go to for such information.
NRL connect global engineering companies with the right people to bring their projects to life. As we progress your application our team of talented recruiters will be on hand to support you to secure your next role.
We welcome applications from every walk of life, and are committed to driving diversity and inclusion within the industries we support. That’s why our Member Committed to Diversity status with the Association of Professional Staffing Companies is so important to us.
For temporary workers and contractors opting to work with us through our Pay As You Earn (PAYE) payroll service, we’re delighted to offer a wealth of benefits including access to virtual and telephone GP appointments 24/7, health and wellness resources, gym discounts and retail savings.