- Design review of submissions for earthworks, pavement, road furniture, markings and finishings to ensure it complies with the contract requirements
- Prepare method statements, inspection and test plans and risk assessments;
- Responsible for the technical development of staff members;
- Review quality of work on all ongoing works;
- Ensure compliance with standards and specifications for pavement design and workmanship;
- Supervision of earthworks, subbase, CBGM and asphalt pavement construction;
- Monitors work on an ongoing basis to ensure accurate testing;
- Review and advise the design team of any modifications needed to the detailed road designs;
- Propose cost effective and innovative solutions to the problems in road/pavement, roadworks and finishing works;
- Prepare estimates and participate in tender reviews as required;
- Manage and price contract variations (continuing variations and improvement works);
- Prepare and issue price enquiries;
- Prepare scoping documentation, seek suppliers / subcontractors, obtain quotations, undertake the technical evaluation, and make recommendations for the procurement of materials and services;
- Communicate with, and attend project progress meetings with the internal site team and clients;
- Liaise with the Construction/Project Manager, client and supplier on technical matters as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, or Geotechnical engineering or related Engineering field.
- Experience in supervising, coordinating and managing earthworks activities
- Pavement/Concrete or Asphalt Construction Industry experience.
- Familiarity with specification for highway works and contract document preparation
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of software;
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills;
- The ability to lead, manage and proactively participate in project teams;
- Hold a valid Drivers Licence.
What’s in it for you:
- Chance to work with a great team on some of Ireland’s largest and most exciting construction and civil engineering projects.
- Competitive hourly rate
- Opportunity to learn and develop skills