This role is permanent and is based in Bolton.
About the role:
The purpose of a Senior Engineer is to safeguard the integrity of the business by being a focal point for information. This may be resolved as a Technical Lead on major projects, taking responsibility for the engineering performance against budget and programme, or it could be being an expert in a particular field, sector, or design. All Senior Engineers are SQEP to Check and Approve any project models, drawing or documentation in accordance with business processes.
What you will need:
- Either: 1) Minimum HND in Engineering, plus 10 years’ engineering experience of industrial sheet/ steel fabrications OR 2) Minimum Bachelor’s degree (BEng Hons) in Engineering (preferably Mechanical Engineering), plus 6 years’ engineering experience of industrial sheet/ steel fabrications.
- Experience of managing engineers on projects of value >£500k. · Suitable experience using 2D and 3D CAD software packages.
- Generation of hand and software-based calculations.
- Understanding of steel plate manufacturing principals and constraints, including laser cutting, weld limitations and press machinery.
- Sound motivational skills with a focus on quality adherence and output.
- Flexibility to work overtime to achieve project plan as required.
- Ability to write reports and specifications
- Industry competitive salary
- Opportunity to work with an industry leader