About the role:
We now seek a fully experienced senior electrical engineer to be based in our London office with the ability to inspire others. You will have the ability to run medium sized projects, undertake a client facing role in the development, design, and co-ordination of engineering projects.
Your excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both with colleagues and clients, and experience working on innovative projects with leading client organisations, and contractors will equip you to take a future pro-active role in forging client relationships of our sector portfolio.
This role will further encompass:
- Develops and specifies applications of controls, instruments, and operating systems for all building engineering services purposes
- Surveys tests and reports on existing mechanical installations
- Specifies activities to ensure that manufacturing, construction, installation, and operational testing confirm to functional specifications and customer requirements
- Day to day decision making on project progress and direct liaison with and provides advice to client
- Represents Company at technical meetings with customers, professional teams and contractors teams
- Carries out engineering calculations to ensure drawings meet required robust industry and legal standards
- Responsible for technical content and accuracy of Trainee, Graduates and Engineers
- Validation and checking of designs and specifications
- Carrying out technical review of contractor’s technical submissions, working drawings and samples.
- Ability to carry out problem solving on site
- Carry out QA/QC inspections on site and produce associated reports
- Attend witness testing activities on site and produce associates reports
- BEng, MSc or have sufficient experience
- MCIBSE /MIET or HNC/HND with appropriate experience or equivalent
- Chartered or working towards
- Competent in specification design/drawing for several building types within the following key sectors: Logistics Centres, Retail, IT, Residential, Commercial, Pharmaceutical and Education
- Previous experience working for an MEP contractor would be advantageous
- Good site-based experience with a practical background preferred
- Sound knowledge of CDM Regulations and production of Designers Risk Assessments
- Good knowledge of key Health and Safety issues and legislation
- Knowledge of MS Office applications – word, excel, etc.
- Knowledge of REVIT and ability to mark-up drawings using Bluebeam software or equivalent PDF editor.
- Ability to use IT based calculation and spreadsheet software
- Good understanding of British Standards
- Ability to prioritise own workload whilst working on multiple concurrent projects
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Managerial skills
- Ability to travel internationally
- Act in an ethical manner and follows the principles of the Ethics Charter and Ethics in Practice Guidelines
- Attractive salary & package
- Chance to work with an expanding M&E business