About The Role:
- Responsible for primary layouts of Equipment and Piping, prepare drawings & other documentation as required to develop information supplied by client or internally to enable the procurement/manufacture/shipping & installation of material/components in an efficient timely manner which complies with company & project requirements.
- The role requires a good understanding of engineering and design practices as relevant to the design discipline including appropriate CAD skills, written and verbal communications skills
- The role must be fully aware of and adhere to Health & Safety standards and be fully familiar with all authorised documentation, Good Practice Guides and ISO standards.
- To ensure the generation of project drawing deliverables as required for the Piping discipline including Piping GA’s & Sections and Isometrics.
- The carrying out of single discipline checking of Designers and CAD Operators work in accordance with the Company / Project procedures.
- Ability and experience of working on and maintaining multi-disciplined project(s)
- A Designer with a sound piping background & expertise.
- Knowledge in the use of appropriate codes of practice, standards and relevant sections of statutory documentation.
- Knowledge in the use of design and assessment methods used within discipline
- Competent in design safety/environmental requirements, procedures and responsibilities.
- Work as part of a team of designers for 3D CAD usage on day to day basis for project delivery/execution.
- Responsible for ensuring delivery of all Piping deliverables using 3D CAD and associated applications used in discipline design work executed under the contract or project.
- Effective implementation of fit for purpose Layout & Detailing tasks, associated documentation and management of time.
- Produce/check fully dimensioned details and assembly drawings suitable for, but not limited to, fabrication, other engineering disciplines, construction and shipping.
- Effective and proactive working within a multidiscipline team.
- Appreciation of codes and standards – BS/EN/ASME.
- Ability to interpret relevant arrangement and assembly drawings whether internal or from other sources.
- Appreciation of materials and their conditions of supply.
- Maintain awareness of developments within the industry, particularly for techniques & tools, physical integration, bill of material controls & management of design maturity
- Exercise care for own health and safety and that of others as defined by Health and Safety legislation, adhere to endorsed Company policy, procedures and delegations (e.g. Health & Safety, Diversity & Inclusion, Performance & Development Reviews and Finance etc.) Ensure application of highest standards for health and safety in immediate area of responsibility and ensure individual co-operation with respect to company standards about matters on health, safety and environment, ethics and behaviours
- Support business development opportunities in raising the Cavendish Nuclear profile via presentations, academic links, conferences & technical papers, and identify opportunities and new work streams
- ONC/HNC or BTEC National Certificate/Diploma (or equivalent) or appropriate apprenticeship of specialisation
- Proven Piping & Equipment layout & design exposure, with sound knowledge of other disciplines (Electrical, Instrumentation, Mechanical, Civil and Structural).
- Experience of CAD tools – PDMS/AutoPlant and AutoCAD, experience of Spoolgen beneficial
- Knowledge of General Engineering Drawing Practice
- Good communication skills and the ability to interface with other disciplines, customers and suppliers
- Member of relevant Professional Institute
- Breadth and depth of experience in a range of commercial or defence projects
Responsible for primary layouts of Equipment and Piping, prepare drawings & other documentation as required to develop information supplied by client or internally to enable the procurement/manufacture/shipping & installation of material/components in an efficient timely manner which complies with company & project requirements.
The role requires a good understanding of engineering and design practices as relevant to the design discipline including appropriate CAD skills, written and verbal communications skills.