NRL is working with a leading national Building services contractor seeking highly driven Senior Planner/Planning Engineer for major projects within the Tyne & Wear
About the role:
- Ensure fully integrated and resourced M&E programmes are drawn up for each contract in conjunction with the Project Team and ensure that they are updated regularly in line with the best practice for progress reporting.
- Liaise with the Project Team to ensure that site records and project reports are produced and issued in accordance with best practice, company procedures and project requirements to allow proper management and commercial protection to be achieved.
- Thoroughly study specifications, drawing and any relevant contract documents or correspondence in conjunction with the Project Team to ensure adequacy of the planning and programming on all projects.
- Liaise with clients/principal contractor planners to ensure and agree with them that an agreed base line programme is in place prior to commencement of works.
- Liaise closely with the Project Team to ensure timely production of any short-term programmes, claim programmes, cause and effect studies, labour histograms etc.
- Must have a minimum of HNC / Degree in Building Services, Construction Management or similar is desired and coupled with a minimum 5 years plus planning experience across various construction sectors.
- Have experience in working under various form of contracts, in particular JCT & NEC
- Good understanding of different methods of construction
- Must have experience in project planning, programme management and progress reporting
- Must have experience in building services – design, procurement, installation and commissioning
- Knowledge in labour & cost resourcing, including EVA / EVM
- Proficient in use of planning software application, P6 or Asta is an advantage
- Be based in the Tyne & Wear is essential
- A generous package and additional company benefits
- A fantastic opportunity for career development and progression
- To work on highly prestigious schemes Flexible working conditions