About the role:
- Responsible for the commercial and contractual performance of building projects, the Project QS's responsibilities fall into the following three areas:
- Post tender and pre-contract activities: familiarisation with the tender file and assisting with preparing commercial targets for the project.
- During the contract period: the procurement of subcontractors, attending pre-award meetings, documentation and schedules, applications, variation schedules, measurement, controlling accounts, payments, in-house reports, contractual correspondence and final account.
- During the post contract period: finalise subcontractor accounts and complete all filing and other documentation.
- BSc in Quantity Surveying or equivalent.
- 5 + years' experience with a cost consultancy or contractor with some experience in the management of building contracts.
- Strong measurement and take off skills along with knowledge of building detail and construction technology.
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills along with strong IT skills, specifically in Excel, Cubit and Outlook.
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills