Please note that this is a permanent opportunity, based at Birchwood Park in Warrington. The ideal candidate needs to be happy to be in the Warrington office for at least 3 days per week and we can offer some home working flexibility.
About the Role:
As a Senior Radiological Safety Assessor, you will be responsible for the delivery of nuclear safety projects and tasks, ensuring they are on budget and meeting the client’s satisfaction whilst also taking the technical lead in the preparation of nuclear safety cases and supporting documentation.
About the Client:
A leading global professional services firm with over 4,600 people. Benefit from the scale of business that allows them to work on large and/or exciting projects and, at the same time, they retain the local presence in their markets which fosters positive engagement with clients. They define, design and manage projects that create shared value in a complex, urbanising and resource-scarce world. Connecting their global expertise making it easy for their clients to create winning solutions for their communities and their clients. By being confidently pragmatic they solve problems that matter. They make complex easy.
- Leading hazard identification workshops, e.g., HAZOP
- Use of Claims/Arguments/Evidence techniques or other similar tools to clearly articulate safety case arguments
- Liaison with engineering, plant operators and other specialist safety disciplines, e.g., Human Factors, Fire, Criticality, Radiological Shielding, Environmental, to present coherent and comprehensive safety cases
- Supporting clients in interaction with the regulator
- Maintaining and developing lasting relationships with clients
- Managing teams of consultants to support project delivery
- Providing technical guidance and mentoring for more junior team members
- Recognising opportunities for business and service development
- Supporting business and service development
What You Will Need:
- You will be a highly skilled and experienced nuclear safety consultant who has excellent report writing skills and mentoring abilities.
- Deep expertise in nuclear safety techniques
- Safety Case production and management for all stages of plant lifecycle from concept design to decommissioning, hazard identification, fault analysis, Design Basis Accident (DBA) assessment, Barrier Analysis, Layers of Protection Analysis (LOPA), Probabilistic Safety Assessment (PSA), radiological consequence assessment, development of safety functional requirements, ALARP assessment
- In depth knowledge of relevant UK regulations and standards
- A degree in a relevant discipline, e.g. Physics, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Control/ Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- A minimum of 10 years post-graduate relevant experience
- Proven leadership skills
- Excellent customer service manner with strong listening and interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Flexibility and willingness to travel
- Due to the nature of the work, this post is required to meet special nationality rules and therefore is only open to British Citizens (as defined in the British Nationality Act 1981). All selected candidates will also be required to undergo security clearance.
Give you the opportunity to work with some of the best talent in the industry. Offer you a work environment that encourages collaboration and innovative thinking – to drive solutions-based outputs that deliver sustainable benefit for clients, their projects and the environment. Actively encourage global mobility opportunities for talented people, enabling to deliver across interconnected sectors and services, and make it a great place to do great work.
Employees are rewarded with competitive salaries, opportunities to invest and many other benefits including: 24 days holiday + bank holidays, Option to purchase up to 5 extra days per year, Company pension scheme, Group Disability Scheme, Share Incentive Scheme, Life Assurance, Critical illness cover, Cycle to Work Scheme, Health Screening, Dental Cover, Employee Assistance Programme, Professional Memberships and a BenefitHub offering discounts, cash back offers and rewards.