About the role:
- To support the Chief Engineer in leading on a range of Civil Engineering Technical Standards (TS), Specification for Civil Engineering Works (SCEW) updates. This will require updating circa 80No. HS2 Specification for Civil Engineering Works and associated Notes for Guidance documents to conform with the updated MCHW specifications. A limited number of technical standards (TS), Specification for Civil Engineering Works (SCEW) and guidance notes also require an update to reflect changes in the revised DMRB documents, changes in industry good practice and to incorporate MWCC and EWC Contractor RFI/TQ and collaborative solution development and lessons learnt on HS2 to date.
- To Support at a subject matter expert level to attend progressive assurance meetings, Inter-disciplinary Design Reviews, etc.
- The engineer will also be required to review Contractor design documentation in accordance with the Technical Assurance Plan. This will require a prioritized approach to attending key progressive assurance meetings, Inter-disciplinary Design Reviews, etc. Similarly, a prioritised approach to reviewing Contractor design documentation will be required.
- Experience at Senior/Lead level
- Chartered Engineer status with detailed current knowledge of national, European and international standards
- TSIs / guidance and specialist design and construction experience
- Good understanding of emerging technologies and practices in the heavy civil engineering industry.
- Competitive hourly rates
- Opportunity to work on one of the biggest UK infrastructure projects