- Sector: Built Environment
- Contact: Georgia Coates
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 0191 415 3300
- Start Date: 2022-08-15
- Expiry Date: 31 August 2022
- Job Ref: DaXtra_3965971
This is a Civils based role and you must have experience in groundwork/earthwork.
You will be responsible for supervising the construction on a section or project dependant on the scale and complexity of the works involved to ensure that all works, including those of suppliers and subcontractors are coordinated to deliver on safety, quality and environmental objectives.
You will take charge over initiating and leading tasks and processes, taking responsibility and being accountable, where relevant, for the work and roles of others whilst exercising broad autonomy and judgement within broad parameters in their area of responsibility. Specialist learning and involves detailed analysis of a high level of information and knowledge in an area of work or study.
Your duties will include:
Health and Safety
• Ensure that the works are undertaken in accordance with all client HS&E legislation, and the site Health Safety and Environmental Plans and Minimum Safety Standards.
• Put safety first and instil this in subcontractors and suppliers
• Ensure that risk assessments and method statements are maintained and Risk Assessments and Method Statement boards are up to date.
• Ensure that works are coordinated to ensure suitable safe access and segregation is maintained.
• Monitoring and enforcement of PPE compliance,
• Undertake weekly recorded site inspections for temp works such as hoardings, scaffolds, Haki stairs etc.
• Review Risk Assessments and Method Statements submitted by Subcontractors.
Planning and Programme
• Follow the day-to-day plan for site operations and manage own resource to meet this programme.
• Set up teams to complete sections of work
• Calculate the resource required to effectively complete their section of work within the programme time
• Assist in developing and implementing opportunities for improvement, which overcome problems and / or mitigate risk
• Take lead role in team of Supervisors or Supervisor role on high value or complex trade or section of works
• Supervise site activities to ensure works are carried out safely and in accordance with the method statements that they remain on target and that problems are resolved or notified.
• Keep records of variations as required by the change control process and ensure works are instructed under a written site instruction
• Make effective use of document control to manage information
• Ensure understanding of the Specification, Construction drawings, Subcontractor shop drawings to know what we must build to be compliant with the Contract
• Take off material, raise requisitions and call off schedules
• Understand correct storage requirements for materials and Implement material storage plan
• Manage site reporting such as record sheets, site diary etc.
• Using COINS, keep track of costs from ongoing hire of tools and equipment and off hire (when not required)
• Understand and follow the VINCI quality policy and systems
• Coordinate, in conjunction with Commercial team, Daywork Sheets submitted by subcontractors
• Ensure that robust site procedures are established and employed and undertake daily checks.
• Undertake inspections in line with the Inspection and Test Plans to ensure workforce are meeting quality requirements.
• Ensure plant is inspected to meet PUWER guidelines.
• Participate in knowledge share events.
Occupation Competency Card- CSCS
HSEQ Training- SMSTS/SSSTS
Additional Role Requirements
Experience- Earthworks & Groundworks
Salary and Benefits:
Negotiable salary to be submitted alongside your application
Car allowance or Company car
Single Private health care cover
26 days holiday
This role is site-based, and remote working is not available.
If this is of interest to you, please submit your application now and NRL will be in contact.
Alternatively, you can call NRL for more information on 0191 415 3300.