About the role:
The role will be working with a main contractor and involves working on a variety of projects within both infrastructure and construction. You will work closely with project teams to design Temporary Works solutions that will enable the delivery of the project. The Senior Temporary Works Designer will be responsible for between 2-3 engineers providing guidance and on the job training. The position will hold some management responsibilities to continuously improve the team, working methods and utilisation of software available.
- The Senior Temporary Works Designer you will provide safe, practical, and economic designs of temporary works in accordance with project procedures, the British and European codes of practice and UK construction Health and safety legislation
- Prepare conceptual and detailed designs including calculations, design risk assessments and sketches / drawings / models as appropriate
- Work on a range of temporary works designs, including formwork, falsework, access, temporary concrete and steel structures, reinforcement stability, structures for heavy lifting, groundworks, etc.
- As the Senior Temporary Works Designer, you will also work with specialists in the CAD team
- Work alongside construction teams to understand the practicalities of the erection, use and dismantle of temporary works
- Coordinate design work with a wide range of suppliers and designers
- Desired education BEng / MEng in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Experienced dealing with BS 5975
- design of formwork, falsework, and access scaffolding experience
- design of bespoke shutters (steel or timber) experience
- Experience working with codes of practice for concrete and steel work design (EN & BS codes)
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft office
- Excellent communications skills
- Detailed knowledge of UK Health and Safety legislation
- Ability to manage consultants, sub-consultants, suppliers and sub-contractors
What is in it for you:
Our client are an innovative, forward thinking business who pride themselves on the quality of their people and the projects we deliver.
They are committed to extensive training, development, and long-term career opportunities and as such this role is suitable for a committed individual who is seeking long-term career opportunities.
In return you will be rewarded with leading company benefits that only a global business can offer as well as a competitive remuneration package.
Our client has a heritage spanning over 160 years, they are an internationally focused engineering enterprise with world-class capabilities. They operate an integrated business model comprising the full range of engineering, construction and asset management services delivering single-source solutions for some of the world's most prestigious public and private organisations.