NRL are looking to recruit a Strategic Programme Procurement Specialist to join an industry leader in the Aerospace and Defence sector.
The role is full-time and is on a permanent basis at our client’s site in Devon.
About the role:
- To lead the analysis of training and development needs, developing standard learning plans for roles, identifying available courses, and establishing links with the internal L&D stakeholder
- The implementation of a capability improvement plan that addresses any capability gaps and supports continuous improvement of our programme & capability
- Managing organisation change in support of the Submarine Leadership team
- Negotiating and managing subcontractor relationships
- Leading high value, complex sub-contracts
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders to gather requirements and communicate them effectively
- Understanding and negotiating terms and conditions
- Lead the change initiative and working well within the wider team as well as alone and often under pressure/ time constraints
- Proven ability to negotiate with and manage subcontractors, including excellent supplier relationship management. Logistics outsourcing experience/ experience on similar sized projects preferred but not essential.
- Experience in construction/infrastructure (including the use of NEC contracts) an advantage
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent (preferred)
- MCIPS or equivalent qualification (preferred)
- NEC contract knowledge preferable (preferred)
- You will need to satisfy security requirements. This may require you to hold or be eligible/capable of achieving ‘Security Check’ (SC) clearance
What’s in it for you:
• Money purchase pension scheme
• Share ownership scheme
• Occupational health services
• Flexible working hours (only non-industrials)
• Career opportunities, advice, and guidance from our Learning & Development teams
• Additional benefits may also apply for Management posts
NRL connects global engineering companies with the right people to help their businesses grow and thrive, connecting organisations and candidates that share the same values and drive to succeed. As we progress your application our team of talented recruiters will be on hand to help you explore the role and answer any questions you have.
We welcome applications from every walk of life and are committed to driving diversity and inclusion within the industries we support. That’s why our Member Committed to Diversity status with the Association of Professional Staffing Companies is so important to us.