This is a full-time position working 37 hours per week
About the role:
- Integral part of a purchasing team implementing end to end strategic sourcing plans for direct material.
- Driving cost saving projects within allocated categories to reach assigned targets.
- Taking into account various factors including cost strategy, quality metrics and delivery time of goods.
- Taking part in R&D projects for early engagement of suppliers for finalising design & prototype supply.
- Working Closely with all functions within the business including - Central Purchasing Team, Purchasing Quality, Planner/Buyers and Engineering.
What you will need?
- Degree level qualification preferred
- Previous involvement in the set up and delivery of global/international purchasing agreements and strategy.
- Engineering background, advantage would be in the automotive industry
- Experience of procuring commodities like raw material
- A relevant purchasing qualification or membership of CIPS would be a distinct advantage.
- Ability to communicate with all levels and cross functions of the organisation both verbally and written.
- A working knowledge of automotive quality standard TS 16949 along with QS9000 would also be advantageous.
What’s in it for you?
- Join a hugely established business in a thriving climate
- Attractive salary and package on offer