- Co-ordinate between the delivery contractors and their respective consultants and the local highway authorities along the route of High Speed 2 and co-ordinate with the area traffic manager and other teams
- Ensure that contractors produce appropriate Local Traffic Management Plans and that the plans are developed as the works between phases from ground investigation, construction through to railway systems construction
- Lead on the programming of temporary traffic management requirements and co-ordination between contractors and with other utility companies.
- Establish and lead the development and delivery of Local Traffic Liaison meetings between contractors and key stakeholders.
- Work with contractors and other teams to ensure that the contractors’ proposals for construction traffic generation and routes do not lead to new significant adverse effects
- Review, approve and monitor applications for highway consent for highway works to be carried out by the contractors, as necessary represent the HS2 project in negotiations of pre-approval conditions to achieve consents.
- Chair and management of regular Traffic Liaison Groups, CoCP requirement and key interface for HS2 with Highway Authorities and Emergency Services.
- Manage reviews of lorry routes for accessibility to construction sites and highway condition surveys in consultation with other members of the transport team
- Work with other members of the transport management team on GIS and mapping aids, vehicle and driver safety, vehicle flow management and, as appropriate direct the work of assistant area traffic managers, transport apprentices and consultants
- Educated to at least degree level in transport, traffic or highway engineering or a similar numerate discipline, or equivalent training and experience.
- Able to quickly and effectively analyse and report on qualitative and quantitative data
- Proficient use of IT systems (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, MS Access, Internet)
- Able to work methodically and accurately to ensure that details records of consents, conditions and requirements are met.
- Good knowledge of Chapter 8 Traffic Signs Manual standards to provide assurance regarding the competency of the contractor’s temporary traffic management designer and installers/maintainers.
- Knowledge of the function and capability of traffic modelling tools, particularly strategic models
- Experience in the design of general traffic management (particular safety schemes), temporary traffic management standards (Chapter 8) and delivery of temporary works at traffic signals
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to Chair meetings with key stakeholders.
What's in it for you?
- Opportunity to work on a large UK infrastructure project
- Competitive rates