Our client who are based in Chorley are currently recruiting for a Welder on a permanent basis to join their Fabrication team. They have a wide variety of prestigious clients on some of the most exciting and complex engineering projects in the world.
About the role:
- To carry out all aspects of welding according to drawing requirement, NIS procedures and to client specification.
- Immediate notification to the Fabrication Team Leader or Welding Charge Hand of any welding problems.
- Liaise with Fabrication Team Leader and Welding Charge Hand to ensure contractual and quality requirements within the schedule are maintained, through project completion.
What you will need:
- City and Guilds Fabrication & Welding Level 3 or NVQ.
- Completed Apprenticeship.
- Experience of fabricating/welding pressure vessels, pipework, heavy plate, and light gauge sheet metal in a variety of materials.
- Working experience of welder qualifications to EN ISO287 and/or EN ISO 9606.
- Previous experience of welding pressure vessels, pipework, heavy plate and light gauge sheet metal in a variety of materials.
- Able to read and interpret engineering drawings
- An excellent understanding of machining allowances, welding symbols and tolerances.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive Salary
- Permanent Role