- Responsible for ensuring that all activities within the building are undertaken with a professional and conscientious outlook with regards to the quality of work and Health & Safety, maintaining the 100% uptime criteria.
- Ensure that there are excellent standards of response to plant failures, completion of assigned work and ensure any abnormal operating conditions and housekeeping issues are dealt with proficiently.
- Ensure all distributed works, Planned Maintenance or Reactive tasks are completed with optimum use of the workforce and sub-contractors.
- Maintain and supervise effective shift handovers, including critical plant status, plant isolations, issues arising, ongoing works, special task requests, standard of housekeeping. Ensuring that the shift log is accurately completed by the end of their shift and paperwork is filled in correctly and kept up to date.
- Take responsibility for escalating critical incidents and producing and submitting incident reports within the prescribed timescales in conjunction with both the Site Team / Contract Manager
- A very good track record and should be capable of running the operation whilst on duty including their respective shift engineers. This is also a hands-on role and therefore must have hands on experience of HVAC maintenance.
- The ASM should come from an apprenticeship, ONC /BTEC or equivalent and have a current High Voltage Qualification. Ideally, they will have been exposed to the Critical Services Environment with experience of emergency procedures and systems, issuing permits, sub-contractor control, labour control, and completion of PPM's.
- Knowledge to manage the periodic and statutory testing in compliance with current legislation and best practices.
- Full working knowledge of all plant operation and service, to include start-up/shut-down procedures and emergency operation.
- Knowledge in the management of legionella bacteria in Water Systems (ACOP L8), management of evaporative cooling towers and be able to provide guidance to manage these systems to ensure compliance with ACOP L8.
What’s on offer
- Stable contract duration
- Competitive salary
NRL connect global engineering companies with the right people to bring their projects to life. As we progress your application our team of talented recruiters will be on hand to support you to secure your next role.
We welcome applications from every walk of life and are committed to driving diversity and inclusion within the industries we support. That’s why our Member Committed to Diversity status with the Association of Professional Staffing Companies is so important to us.
For temporary workers and contractors opting to work with us through our Pay As You Earn (PAYE) payroll service, we’re delighted to offer a wealth of benefits including access to virtual and telephone GP appointments 24/7, health and wellness resources, gym discounts and retail savings.