The Business Management System (BMS) is an integral part of Devonport Royal Dockyard Limited (DRDL), providing the framework to deliver our customer and legal commitments in a safe and efficient manner. The BMS Change Lead will report to the BMS Quality Manager, supporting and enabling the organisation to deliver a rationalised set of arrangements that are simple and efficient to use. This role will require individuals with excellent engagement and facilitation skills, to implement a large scale change project spanning DRDL.
Main Purpose of Role
- To facilitate the creation of a rationalised Business Management System (BMS), which is simple and efficient to use, generating savings within the Future Maritime Support Programme (FMSP) by:
- Engaging with stakeholders at all levels, enabling open and honest discussions.
- Plan & facilitate engagement workshops, at various levels of the organisation, to communicate progress, share idea and help problem solve issues with the business stakeholders.
- Supporting process owners in the rationalisation of their arrangements, identifying and mitigating risks, issues and opportunities.
- Support project governance and compliance requirements through adherence with the agreed reporting cycles, phase/gate reviews and project reviews.).
- Continuously communicating changes to stakeholders at all levels.
- Managing work packages and problem solving initiatives;
- Awareness of the project lifecycle, from bid phase through to close out.
- APM Project Management Awareness
- Lean / Six Sigma Awareness
- Implementation of change within the business
- Managing stakeholders & communication
- Ability to facilitate workshops at all levels, creating a common goal.
- HNC in STEM / Project management subject
- APM Fundamentals (desirable)
- Green Belt (desirable)
- ILM level 3 (desirable)