Our client in the Automotive industry based in Cranfield, is looking for a Connected Car Test Engineer, to work within the Research & Development unit. This role will be for an initial 12-month contract and based in Cranfield with Hybrid working options. You will be responsible for validating the connected car systems End to End from application to Vehicle against the client’s specifications and regulatory requirements.
- Confirm End to End system validation for connected cars within the on-board and off-board environment.
- Raise incident tickets in the incident management system and track them through to closure.
- Develop testing methods & procedures that comply with Nissan specifications and regulatory requirements to ensure robust validation of the complete telematics systems.
- Confirm vehicle level quality, function & reliability standards are maintained by the changes you will be validating.
- Cross functional working with project quality, management, and engineering teams to ensure early response & transparency to concerns.
- Conduct Root cause investigation of complex concerns with the stakeholders.
- Creation of test reports in line with vehicle testing.
- Bachelor of Engineering degree qualified (or equivalent) in a relevant engineering discipline.
- Have relevant experience in automotive electrical and electronic development relating to vehicle body electronics, navigation or telematics systems e.g., in aerospace, telecoms or similar
- Have knowledge of the electrical architecture of modern vehicle electronics and experience of fault finding
- Have a good awareness of Connected car system onboard & offboard
- Be able to travel abroad, typically a few days to 2 weeks, but on rare occasions travel may be long distance and or at short notice.
- Valid UK/European driving licence is MUST
- Competitive hourly rate
- Long-term contract
- High profile client
We welcome applications from every walk of life and are committed to driving diversity and inclusion within the industries we support. That’s why our Member Committed to Diversity status with the Association of Professional Staffing Companies is so important to us.
For temporary workers and contractors opting to work with us through our Pay As You Earn (PAYE) payroll service, we’re delighted to offer a wealth of benefits including access to virtual and telephone GP appointments 24/7, health and wellness resources, gym discounts and retail savings.