About the role:
- In this role, you will be responsible for the safe and timely execution of construction works for a new chemical production facility from site preparation work to mechanical completion. You will guide and control the engineering contractor’s (EPCm) construction team and ensure that the defined company and local regulations, work packages are implemented in the right quality, on time and in budget.
- In the current project phase (Basic engineering) the Site preparation work will commence in Summer 2022. Start of EPC phase is planned for Q4/2022. Mechanical Completion Q4/2024.
- As construction manager you lead the project’s Construction Management organisation and are responsible that the EPCm contractor delivers upon agreed scope.
- Set-up and lead the owner construction team
- Guidance and control of external construction management organisation of the engineering contractor
- Ensure input quality and quantity of input documentation towards engineering contractor
- Ensure on time, quality and safe delivery of documentation, executed work and reporting
- Review and elaboration of technical requirements and specifications by close alignment with other disciplines
- Ensure application of relevant standards and laws
- Brings in expertise, reviews and approves on deliverables established by Engineering contractor I.e.
- CDM construction site establishment
- Construction safety plan
- Construction plan and progress report
- Construction labor/equipment management/documentation
- Construction Quality control and inspection(test) report
- Complete punch list
- Pre-commissioning system package planning and progress report
- Finalise mechanical completion
- Turn-around and handover package
- Ensures quality and safety control of ongoing construction work
What you will need?
- Extensive experience in construction management of large capital projects in the industrial sector
- Masters Degree in structural/civil engineering or comparable education level is preferable but not essential
- In-depth knowledge of current regulations with regard to construction
- Strong construction safety leadership track record
- An independent and creative work attitude, with the ability to work with multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams and strong stakeholder management skills
- Good communication skills (both verbal and written)