The Data Processor (DP) will form part of the Operational Procurement team which is responsible for the timely processing of requisitions for materials and services, placing of purchase orders and clearances for all customs items.
The DP will support the Head of Procurement and Supply Chain in the data capture and production of various files to support customs compliance requirements. This will support the implementation of the Regional Supply Chain Strategy, Group policies and the utilisation of our clients preferred suppliers as directed by the Head of Function. This will include meeting regulatory requirements defined in the Part 145 Maintenance Organisation Exposition (MOE), HMRC and the regional and group financial governance.
The role will actively support the Buyers to ensure that all data is captured accurately, filed and audit trails maintained. They must demonstrate professional behaviours, promoting best practice and processes at all times.
Area of Accountability/Responsibility
- Responsible for processing and formatting clearance documents for review
- Responsible for maintaining and filing all shipping paperwork including customs entries
- Maintain excel logs accurately and informing buyers and/or line manager where errors are identified
- Compiling information from ERP/ filing systems into the excel logs
- Attend meetings and action any required tasks as necessary.
- To ensure Compliance with our clients policies and procedures and support the functional Key Performance Indicators within the department.
- Compile Intrastat information daily
- To carry out any other task as requested by your Line Manager
- Previous exposure to a Procurement or customs role would be advantageous.
- Experience of delivering a high-quality service in a fast-paced Procurement environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and able to develop good relationships with people at all levels.
- Able to multi-task and manage own time effectively.
- Able to work under pressure, to set and achieve deadlines.
- Demonstrate a flexible attitude towards all types of work (a positive 'can do' attitude)
- Experience of using IAS software package would be of benefit.
Previous experience in a similar role is desirable (1-2 years)
- English and Maths GCSE or National 4 or above
- Exposure to Aviation certification requirements
- Ability to interpret and implement supply chain strategies
- Relevant business Qualification desirable but not essential