Due to the expansion of our client business, they require a Geotechnical Engineer. In this position you provide geotechnical support for tendering and execution of offshore wind projects. You will be working primarily at our office in Middlesbrough, you might also be required for shorter or longer periods work at a project location (in Europe or abroad) or offshore.
- Design of laterally and axially loaded piles;
- Performing pile driving analyses;
- Predicting spudcan penetrations;
- Planning, supporting and interpreting soil investigation works;
- Supporting the project and tender teams with geotechnical advice;
- Active contribution to research and development programs.
- A Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Geo-Engineering or Offshore Engineering;
- Proven relevant working experience in a similar position;
- Experience with relevant software like Plaxis, OPILE and GRLWEAP;
- Experience with earthquake engineering and seismic design;
- Experience with Python or comparable programming languages is an advantage;
- Creative, result-driven and strong analytical skills;
- Excellent communication and social skills;
- Well-organised and able to switch between different projects.