NRL’s client based in Faslane is looking to recruit a Capability Engineer – In Water Engineering, on a permanent staff basis. Candidates must have valid SC.
- Provide technical engineering support and direction to JPTs for work packages under the waterline when platforms are afloat. Support the development of new In Water Maintenance and Repair (IWMAR) techniques through innovation initiatives targeted at Design Authority Requirements categorised as “Docking Dependant”. Support IWE as Fleet Operations underwater compliance authority for work packages under the waterline.
- Coordinating IWE contractors and providing engineering oversight for IWE work packages. Supporting continuous improvement processes of IWMAR technologies and processes.
Facilitating and enabling the functions and output of the IWE Manager.
What you will need?
Knowledge of the following;
- Underwater maintenance, inspection and repair techniques
- Water Engineering
- Marine Engineering
- Submarine Systems and Equipment
- Mechanical/Electrical Engineering
- Safe Systems of Work
- Risk Assessments
- Quality Assurance
- Health, Safety & Environment
- Business applications.