About the role:
- To Support the repair, maintenance and Calibration of Radiation Protection Instruments and associate equipment.
- To work safely in accordance with all safety, quality, security, environmental and site instructions and requirements
- Successful and timely execution of practical tasks including; Manufacture and repair of PET leads, Screening detectors and associated repairs, Maintenance of pressure systems, Disposal of waste and general housekeeping of workshop areas, Cleaning of works vehicles, Safe driving a mini bus or van to deliver personnel and materials around the Nuclear site / West Cumbria, Appropriate support to operations and maintenance activities delivered within workshops and customer facilities including radiological controlled areas, Safe handling of sealed radioactive sources.
- Work autonomously and use initiative within overall framework of instructions.
- Identify improvements and innovations in service provision to enhance the efficiency and quality of service provision. Timely implementation of agreed improvements.
What you will need:
- Experience working within conventional industrial health and safety management systems.
- Full valid UK driving licence.
- Ability to use basic hand tools.
- Work to instructions, attention to detail.
- Electrical, Control or Instrumentation experience is advantageous but not essential for this role as client can provide training in Instrumentation and equipment.