This role will be site based and the successful candidate must be happy to work all across the UK.
Assist in the provision of on-site commissioning of the Energy Control Systems project works, working as part of the Team. The role will include informal and structured learning of PLC setup and software. Ongoing development into an independent SCADA commissioning or field service engineer.
- Work alongside Project Engineers to commission and set to run ECS PLC control systems across various ECS project sites in construction and renovation environments.
- Achieve proficiency, through a mixture of formal and ad-hoc learning, in PLC ladder logic software writing, testing and revision.
- Fault-finding and correction in new and pre-existing installations using manufacturers datasheets and electrical panel drawings.
- Integration of various plant equipment using hard-wired signals and communication protocols.
- Commission and check correct installation and reading of control sensors and signals.
- Establish network communications (including Fibre Optic) between all PLC controllers and to SCADA Supervisor PC.
- Demonstrate safe working at all times and adhere to all RAMS and site working practices.
- Complete weekly timesheets, mileage & expense returns so costs are allocated to the correct contracts.
- Communicate effectively, through written reporting, Teams meetings and on-site meetings with the wider company and team.
- Maintain good standards of housekeeping, personal appearance and timekeeping.
- Carry out other duties consistent with the nature, responsibilities and seniority of your post.
- 3 A Level’s grade C and above, preferably including maths, technology or electronics
- 8 GCSE’s grade C and above
- Relevant health and safety training will be given, experience in a comparable environment would be an advantage.
- CSCS/ECS Skills card will be required as soon as feasible.
- Engagement with the professional development process and setting of challenging goals for continuous learning.
If this is of interest, please apply today with your CV.