About the role:
- This role is to support the Finance Director and be involved in the financial and management reporting and financial controls. It will involve overseeing the Financial Ledgers and purchase and sales transaction processing and supporting the development of the IT and reporting systems.
- Assisting in the timely preparation of monthly management accounts
- Assisting in the production of budgets and monthly/quarterly forecasts
- Preparation and posting of accruals, prepayments, and other month end journals
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Providing accurate and timely commercial analysis and support
- Establish and ensure compliance with agreed financial processes and controls
- Cash flow forecasting
- Ad-hoc projects as required
- Assist with identifying opportunities to improving efficiencies
- Proactively challenge existing processes to ensure best practice
- Assist with the development of the Microsoft Navision system and reporting
- Preparing and submitting quarterly VAT returns
- Project cost reporting and reviews, and working with the project team to minimise WIP through timely invoicing of payment milestones
- Assisting in the treasury activities and supplier payments
- Completion of Monthly statistical reports
- Controlling the sales ledger and liaising with project team and customers to ensure payments are received in a timely manner
- Providing support and cover for the purchase ledger
- Control of Fixed Asset expenditure and reporting.
- Assisting with Annual Statutory Accounts preparation and Audits.
What you will need:
- Ideally a part qualified accountant (ACA; CIMA; ACCA or equivalent) with experience working in an engineering/manufacturing setting.
- IT literate, with knowledge of Microsoft Office and excellent excel skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics Navision ERP software package would be an advantage.
- Competitive Salary + Benefits + Career Opportunities