To lead the planning, management and delivery of the Oxygen Overhaul Workshop programme to ensure that the customer requirements (both internal end user and funding customer) are adequately delivered and any time, cost or quality trading is appropriately agreed ensuring value for money is delivered.
Principal Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Accountable for delivery of programme to the baseline schedule/cost and performance in line with project and business success criteria.
- Accountable for planning and monitoring the programme (profit & loss); agree plans with the Sponsor and submit/present regular Monthly Review Reports indicating any deviations and corrective action taken.
- Commitment to and the ongoing monitoring of programme baseline (cost / schedule / risk).
- Controlling project costs such that the programme outputs are provided within the agreed budget.
- Responsible for coordinating activities and dependencies within the programme and identifying external dependencies on other Programmes, Projects, Resource or Environments.
- Establishing governance arrangements for the delivery of the programme, defining clear roles, responsibilities and accountabilities that align with the company Business Management System.
- Responsible for forming and managing effective relationships with programme stakeholders.
- Lead on Health, Safety, Security, Environment and Quality within the programme.
- Accountable for ensuring that the programme is compliant with all information management and Security requirements e.g. security of information, appropriate clearances and approvals for team.
- Managing the Customer Interface and associated management of the programme including identification and monitoring of programme risks (threats and opportunities), planning and implementing response to these and responding to other issues that affect the programme.
- Effectively managing the resources in matrix delivery organisation, influencing and leading the team.
- Responsible for managing third party suppliers to achieve the desired programme outcomes.
- Implementing Learning from Experience (LfE) through foresight, insight and hindsight reviews.
- Support to Integrated Business Planning (IBP) and Business Winning.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
- A degree in engineering / project / construction management or a related field;
- A postgraduate qualification is also desirable, as is membership in a professional body;
- Demonstrable experience in a Project Management position;
- NEC Contract management
- Ideally APM qualified preferably to Registered Project Professional (RPP).