About the Opportunity:
Our client is the Design and Engineering partner for Sellafield under the PPP (Programme and Project Partners). This is a 20-year arrangement to deliver ~£7bn of major projects. They are looking to recruit high value expertise from across regulated and comparable sectors to work in a collaborative environment. PPP is delivering major projects, site wide improvements and provision of supporting services.
The client provides the front end design and engineering capability across the PPP portfolio. Being part of the PPP Team offers a unique opportunity to drive change and innovation in engineering, safety and delivery solutions in one of the most complex industrial sites in the UK if not the world. They are looking for people who are passionate about developing themselves and in meeting new challenges.
As a result of increasing demand for services, there are significant opportunities for you to support a key project within the nuclear business.
The Nuclear Safety Assessor will provide the Safety Case point of contact on the MA workstream to facilitate integration of the relevant Safety Case disciplines
The Nuclear Safety Assessor will provide integrated nuclear safety case and nuclear safety assessment advice and supporting documentation in a fit for purpose, proportionate manner in line with the expectations set in the SL Safety Case Process arrangements.
This may include activities related to the development of the nuclear Safety Case such as preparation of nuclear safety case strategies under the leadership of the Senior nuclear Safety Assessor with the Safety Case developer assignment or SCM.
The Nuclear Safety Assessor will develop effective working relationships with the key interfacing stakeholders including:
- Safety Case Manager (SCM).
- Project and Area Project Engineering Managers.
- Design and Plant Engineers.
- Operations Teams.
- Technical teams.
- Specialist safety assessment teams (e.g. human factors)
- Management of the MA Safety Case Programme
- Integrating Programme and planning activities for subsequent project phases
- Collaborating with all disciplines in the identification and development of appropriate hazard management strategies as part of both design development and the development of operational requirements. This includes:
- Supporting HMS development and subsequent design development
- Input into optioneering / design of analytical techniques and proposed technologies
- Support to Analytical Equipment Modifiers / down selection and nuclearisation of instruments
- Proactively contributing to the development of safe solutions with due consideration to the context of the project
- Leading hazard identification studies (HAZOP)
- Developing and delivering fit for purpose and proportionate nuclear safety case and safety assessment advice and formal documentation which is in line with the expectations of the SL Safety Case Process arrangements
- Undertaking appropriate verification of both integrated nuclear safety cases and safety assessments and supporting documentation in line with SL Safety Case Process arrangements.
- Undertaking activities associated with the development of the nuclear safety case
- Support to the development of the Engineering schedule
- Working collaboratively with the Safety case disciplines supporting the MA work stream
- Attendance and input into design review stages (SDDR, MDDR etc)
- Implementing the standards and expectations of the Safety Cases Profession.
- Nuclear safety support will also be required throughout the remaining project lifecycle, to ensure that a robust Safety Case is developed
- Experience providing integrated safety case support in the nuclear industry
- Knowledge and understanding of Claims/Arguments/ Evidence
- Sellafield experience would be advantageous, particularly the expectations of the SL Safety Case Process arrangements.
- Knowledge and experience working within the UK nuclear regulatory framework would be advantageous
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of integrated team
- Skills to support the Safety Case Developer Role would be beneficial, for example support to Strategy development