This is a 12 month contracted role.
You will execute and design draughting activities - Concept, Front End Engineering Development, Technical Study and Detail Design
You will prepare plant layout and piping drawings and design deliverables to the required technical quality with minimum input from engineering personnel as required.
- Have a professional demeanor, strong interpersonal skills
- Can maintain pride in presentation / output
- Is enthusiastic, conscientious and keen to learn
- Flexible with a can-do attitude
- Can mentor and support junior colleagues
- Can work to own initiative
- Preparation & checking of piping design deliverables.
- Ability to work to own initiative.
- Maintain DO planning control on all scopes for a given asset.
- Review and check work output of discipline assigned personnel as required.
- Preparation of Construction Workpacks.
- Checking of Construction Workpacks.
- Preparation & Checking of Material Requisitions.
- Preparation & Checking of PED Technical Files.
- Proficient with Autocad 2D & 3D.
- Proficient using Navisworks.
- Ability to present model reviews and presentations.
- Knowledge and use of LFM Software.
- Ability to prepare Piping Estimates.
- Knowledge and understanding of Pipe Supports.
- Ability to read and understand client specifications.
- Ability to read and understand Scopes of Work.
- Preparation of site sketches.
- Ability to prepare survey reports.
- Understand when to engage Pipe Stress Engineers
- Understands the principles of safety in Piping Design
- Ability to work to and meet planned dates
- Knowledge and understanding of Scopus procedures
- Actively maintaining own competence and continuous development.
- Ensuring learning opportunities are captured and realised.
- Knowledge of relevant regulatory framework and legislation.
- Ability to liaise with the client where required
- Ability to liaise with vendors where required
The payment method for this role is PAYE, and candidates will be submitted to the client for consideration alongside their expected hourly rate.
If this is of interest to you, please submit your application now and NRL will get back to you.
Alternatively, you can call NRL on 0191 415 3300 for more information.