About the role:
- As the Project Manager, you will be required to develop and deliver agreed engineering projects to meet HSE, schedule, cost and technical performance targets.
- Deliver the implementation phase of projects to achieve HSE goals and sanctioned cost, time and technical performance commitments.
- Deliver project execution plans, which meet business objectives and agreed processes for design, contract management, purchasing, construction and commissioning.
- Develop project scopes and specifications, which satisfy defined engineering standards.
- Develop project scope, cost estimate & schedule for every project prior to full sanction.
- Implement defined project controls to deliver management information necessary to achieve sanctioned cost and schedule commitments
- Interface with, and support, project studies to deliver robust scope, cost estimates, schedules and execution plans
- Manages a project portfolio which may comprise several concurrent projects on the site
- Ability to interface effectively with managers on site
- Ability to identify and manage interfaces within the Project team, including engineering contractor teams.
- Interfaces with the construction, cost & estimating, planning, purchasing and development teams
- Identifies and manages interfaces with Operational and Engineering teams to secure support for project implementation
- Ability to manage uncertainty within each project and good understanding of change control
- Good decision-making skills within area of own expertise
- Can operate as company representative at contractor and vendor offices.
- Degree (preferably Chartered) qualified or equivalent in an Engineering Discipline
- Relevant experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experienced in a project environment
- Good knowledge of project gated processes
- Experienced in working with NEC3 Contracts
- Knowledge of construction and commissioning
- Working knowledge of the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015
- Good understanding of the application of the site Plant Modification Process and associated documentation management systems