The Major Infrastructure Projects Business Unit has been set up to establish and maintain a Strategic Infrastructure Plan for the Devonport site through to at least 2050 and to safely and effectively deliver the ‘major’ capital works projects that result from the Plan.
Must have nuclear or marine, not rail or aviation experience.
To lead the planning and management of specific elements of the 14 Dock facility, principally CAPEX works as agreed with the 14 Dock CAPEX Senior Project Manager.
Principal Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Deliver key project management functions in support of the overall project delivery, including schedule, financial and risk functions.
- Facilitate, develop and agree requirements , project scope and solutions for specific outputs and work packages
- Manage the planning, monitor and control of work packages being delivered by other internal and external resources.
- Develops tasking orders to secure the provision of internal and external resources and manages their delivery
- Develop, monitor and control schedules for packages of work and small projects
- Controlling project costs such that the project outputs are provided within the agreed budget.
- Responsible for forming and managing effective relationships with project stakeholders;
- Responsible for managing third party suppliers to achieve the desired programme outcomes.
- Apply the Business Management System (BMS) appropriately for the project and produce and communicate project reporting data on Enterprise resource Planning (ERP) systems.
- Support the development of accurate and up-to-date financial and schedule estimates to ensure the project is accurately planned and reported
- Identify and schedule resource on Gantt charts and ERP systems
- Forecast costs and monitor and report against budget
- Maintain project cost and time estimates and ensure regular reviews are undertaken with each discipline to ensure they are accurate.
- Undertake aspects of stakeholder management and communications activities are required and support development of stakeholder management
- Manage under supervision the risk process including the identification, assessment, planning and implementation of risks, opportunities and issues
Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
A degree in engineering / project / construction management or a related field;
Ideally APM qualified preferably to Registered Project Professional (RPP).
Nuclear: Yes. Experience of working with Nuclear Services, NEC3/4 Contracts
Experience A minimum of five years in a Project Management position.