A leading International infrastructure group are seeking a Public Liaison Officer to join their team for the duration of 5 months
About the role:
- Supporting the Highways England Project Manager and BBA Public Liaison Officer to manage stakeholder issues associated with construction of the scheme. This will comprise face-to-face (COVID restrictions permitting), phone and written communication with impacted stakeholders such as local residents, businesses and action groups to proactively manage engagement during construction.
- Maintaining excellent relationships with all internal and external stakeholders to ensure a high level of pro-active engagement and administrate collation of accurate records for all stakeholder meetings
- To identify new stakeholders who may not be aware of the project, or the opportunities it may offer, to broaden our field of engagement.
- To ensure all possible methods of engagement with the communities within the area are explored and where possible delivered. This includes organising charity events, schools engagement events in line with our scheme social value targets
- To work collaboratively with the client Communications Team to ensure all opportunities to promote the project are met and that customer communications are responded to in a timely manner in line with Highways England communications standards
What you will need:
- PR experience (desirable but not essential)
- Member of CIPR and IPR Certificate in Public Relations or equivalent (desirable but not essential)
- Good engineering knowledge desirable to relate construction activity to stakeholder impact
- A broad range of communication skills and experiences and able to demonstrate excellent interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Previous experience of public liaison work would be desirable but are not essential as support will be provided for the right candidate.07519 192 761
- 5 months contract
- 40 hours per week Monday to Friday
- Competitive hourly rate