To provide quality assurance support to the business in support of service delivery, with specific emphasis on support to the assurance programme and projects. The role exists in order to develop and implement quality arrangements across all delivery activities. The Quality Engineer is responsible for ensuring that activities (e.g. audits) are undertaken to establish the implementation status of the above arrangements and the reporting of such information.
- This position requires an individual who understands the structure of the Business Management System (BMS); is able to review and update BMS documentation; is able to support problem solving or improvement activities and support activity against an agreed assurance programme.
- Provides support to the (Senior) Quality Manager in delivering the projects quality strategy in coordination with the suppliers and delivery partners.
- Provides advice and support to the business on all aspects of quality, including the production and delivery of its quality and inspection & test plans ensuring appropriate quality levels are allocated to control of work activities.
- Provides support to the planning, scheduling, conducting and reporting of audits particular during design phases against the procedures and requirements detailed in the relevant plans and strategy documents.
- Provides support and advice to the business on planning to meet standards relevant to its activities, particularly those specific to new projects
- Provides support to the reviewing of findings from independent assurance activities
- Supports the implementation of necessary corrective and preventive actions to remedy any non-compliance found and to avoid recurrence
- Supports the delivery of a continual improvement process across the business
- Ensuring any site quality non-conformances / issues are managed and closed out
- Ensuring Supplier and partner design and manufacturing quality arrangements are reviewed and approved / acceptance in accordance with site / project requirements, including Customer approvals.
- Monitoring progress against the site quality arrangements, identifying areas of concern to the overall project and where necessary escalate to Line Management
- Ensuring the requirements for site and manufacturing lifetime records are clearly identified and that such records are prepared and maintained, including all relevant review and approval activities, concurrently with site activities
- Qualification in Science/Engineering Degree or equivalent plus experience
- Prior experience withing a Quality Assurance role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills