The project will safely design and deliver a Plant and the works in accordance with the requirements of the contract to enable conditioning of wastes from the various donor plants, carried out in line with the Employer’s needs and to the satisfaction of stakeholders.
- Ensure Safety is the highest priority on the project, with a continued strive towards Zero Harm, leading by example and challenging unsafe acts and situations.
- To ensure that Quality Assurance in all areas of the project are compliant with the relevant legal requirements, Sellafield Ltd standards, Quality European and British Standards, non-European standards and project procedures.
- To support Area and Project Managers in adopting a pragmatic approach to assurance of Quality on all phases of the Project, Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Commissioning, taking cognizance of schedule and budget constraints.
- To maintain effective working relationships and collaborate with colleagues and other project stakeholders.
- To identify and act upon opportunities for improvement, from audits, NCR’s and surveillance visits
- Assist with the preparation, implementation, maintenance and improvement of the Project Integrated Management System (IMS).
- Provide assistance with tender / bid reviews.
- Assist and review the production of and concurrent sign-off of Quality Plans (QP) and Inspection and Test Plans (ITP).
- Ensure compliance with legislation and any applicable site license conditions.
- Promotion of continuous improvement and capturing of LfE across the Project.
- Ensure the quality standards of the project and the Client are consistently met.
- Ensuring that sub-contractor adheres to their quality management systems.
- Support and conduct audits of the Joint Venture activities and sub-contractor operations, both on and off site, in accordance with the Project Audit Schedule.
- Attend weekly and monthly meetings as requested by the Area and Project Managers.
- Attend meetings and briefings from the Client.
- Carry out LTR reviews in line with the delivery programme.
- Support the Design, Manufacture and Installation teams in timely delivery of the project.
- Provide solutions, direction and support to resolve any quality related issues that may arise.
- ISO 9001 Lead Auditor
- Internal Auditing
- At least 3 years experience in Quality Engineer role, preferably within Nuclear sector or highly regulated industry
- Competitive hourly rate
- Long term contract
- Hgigh profile project