Role Status: Inside IR35
Clearance: SC required or willing to undergo the process
This is the level for an experienced Technician working with a high level of developed knowledge in a subject area; the role is directly accountable for designs, developments and determines solutions to problems and issues within a discipline area. The Senior CS&A Technician should have a wealth of experience across the full lifecycle of CS&A design and be comfortable developing concept designs as well as producing more detailed designs.
- The role requires a good understanding of engineering, architectural and design and detailing practices as relevant to their discipline and is embedded in a design team or may work across multiple design teams.
- The role requires excellent knowledge of CAD, good written and verbal communication skills, a depth of knowledge and experience related to relevant subject areas and an excellent understanding of CDM and design for construction. The role also requires an understanding and ability to apply BIM principles and processes.
- Delivering Nuclear design work, inspections and construction site support on projects for a range of public and private sector clients within the UK and overseas.
- Supporting the preparation of designs for facilities, structures and infrastructure of varying complexity, including production of relevant models and drawings using Autodesk products, particularly Revit, AutoCAD, and Navisworks throughout the various stages of the design process.
- May be required to carry out various specific BIM roles on projects if required.
- Assisting and mentoring CS&A Apprentices and other Technicians to promote their technical and professional development.
- Support in the solution of problems of varying complexity that may arise during the design stage, fabrication, construction, installation, commissioning and decommissioning.
- Accurately report on a periodic basis, specified by the Technical Lead on a project, the estimate to complete assigned tasks.
- Where required allocate discipline tasks to allocated team of technicians, check team drawing outputs, and ensure integration of inter discipline design in accordance with company and regulatory standards.
- Understand and support the process for developing and implementing BIM compliant systems and processes.
HNC minimum in a relevant discipline OR equivalent academic qualification
Experience across the full lifecycle of design activities
Knowledge of CAD tools and BIM processes
Knowledge of General Engineering and Architectural Drawing Practice
Excellent communications skills and the ability to interface with other disciplines
Member of relevant institute or significant demonstrable experience