Looking for 2 Mechanical Engineers with a Nuclear or a Marine background, one to concentrate the Mechanical Handling aspect of the project.
- To manage the delivery of Mechanical (Handling) engineering work packages to the required scope, quality, schedule and cost.
- Responsible for managing the technical aspects of the Mechanical Handling engineering packages from identification of the need, through to handover.
- The Senior Mechanical (Handling) Engineer is accountable for the technical management (quality) of assigned packages. The Senior Mechanical (Handling) Engineer is also accountable for output to scope, schedule and cost.
- Develop, lead and manage one or more technical design packages agreeing project related objectives, managing designer performance and making appropriate technical management responses. Provide Subject Matter Expert advice as per discipline.
- Ensure that the design documentation covers the scope of operations required by the Project Manager and is produced to agreed standards, schedule and budget.
- Plan for effective project implementation, identifying key factors and leading the project’s technical planning process.
- Ensuring effective Quality Management Arrangements, operate and deliver through compliance with the Business Management System and Technical Manual.
- Ensure that the processes and activities being managed are appropriately documented with appropriate records maintained and configuration and quality controls applied.
- Ensure that staff and contractors are familiar with the hazards and risks associated with the work undertaken by the delegated engineering team through effective management and communication of the Risk Assessment.
You will need:
A degree in an appropriate engineering discipline. Chartered Engineer, registered with Engineering Council.
Nuclear Introductory Course or equivalent nuclear and/or marine system knowledge.
- Design and substantiation of heavy civil engineering and building structures to relevant seismic codes for satisfying Nuclear Safety Functions; particular experience in dock structures preferred;
- Knowledge of architectural design of industrial buildings;
- Knowledge of building services design and installation
- Knowledge of construction techniques employed for Nuclear Safety related structures and buildings.
- The post holder must be able to demonstrate relevant knowledge and skills required in the technical management of complex design development throughout the design lifecycle
- Provide expert advice to the sub-contracted design houses to enable them to develop the design
- Sound understanding of engineering design and safety practice as relevant to discipline, post and project requirements
- Sound project specification, planning, project management and budgeting experience
- Sound understanding of Company and departmental procedures relating to Design, Health & Safety and Quality requirements, and ability to manage projects in accordance with these procedures.
- Working knowledge of relevant engineering office computer applications
- Experience of the design support to construction, operation, refit/repair of conventional and nuclear submarines and/or facilities
What's in it for you?
Competitive hourly rate
Long term contract
High profile project