Support to FMTP will be required to support the SL RE to deliver underpinning of the single viable options selected in the study phase of the FMTP. As FMTP progresses, the role will involve the production and checking of engineering deliverables to support design development through concept and preliminary phases.
The role requires knowledge and experience in project delivery with experience of project- and tactical-level optioneering and front-end design being desirable.
Some support to FMEP Early Strip Out may be required, however this scope of work is largely being delivered via a separate framework (DDP). Other FMEP scope may also arise.
The role will support a SL Responsible Engineer (RE). Experience of the following is desirable:
- Decontamination techniques,
- Liquid effluent management, including management of secondary wastes,
- Plant modification (design and implementation),
- Nuclear Safety and Hazard Management,
- Environmental and Nuclear Waste Management (including BAT studies),
- DSEAR Assessment,
- Production of engineering drawings, Flowsheets, PFDs, EFDs, S&IDDs, Instrument Process Data Sheets, Process Data Sheets, etc
- Degree qualified Process Engineer (or equivalent through enhanced experience).
- Essential Experience:
- A minimum of three years post graduate experience working within a highly regulated industry.
- Familiar with a range of available technologies and techniques.
- Capable of independent and autonomous work during the delivery of packages.
- Able to actively seek input from other engineers, specialists, facility and project team members to improve understanding and deliver fit for purpose solutions.
- Be able to present information in forms specifically aimed at a variety of target audiences.
- Ability to demonstrate competence in a design role (SQEP).
- Experience of any Sellafield or nuclear industry Design.
- Chartered (or close to chartered) engineer.
- Experience of leading work packages; providing guidance to junior engineers in establishing solutions to technical problems.
Ability to obtain P1 or P4 Pass
Ability to obtain SC clearance
Monitored worker status advantageous but not essential
Good proficiency in Microsoft packages (Excel, Word, Visio, Power point, Outlook, etc).
Good working knowledge of other IT systems (AutoCAD / DM Desktop) will be invaluable but not essential.