The Senior Systems (and electronics) Engineer leads the delivery of expert system engineering and electronics input to meet stakeholder requirements and business objectives and provide coaching of less experienced system engineer team members.
- Delivery of health, safety, quality, environmental and security accountabilities through personal example and holding others accountable.
- To provide specialist systems engineering or electronics expertise and leadership to the delivery of services, tasks and projects.
- Project management and / or leadership of services, tasks and single discipline projects in line with agreed scope, costs and appropriate quality standards and legislation. This should include ensuring task and project risks are communicated appropriately.
- Business winning including managing customer relationships, developing opportunities and estimates, solution and proposal preparation
- Produce and review, verify and approve all deliverables including those under their direct control and supervision.
- Ensuring a consistent technical approach, reflecting best practice, is taken in support of radiometric challenges across the full range of projects.
- Co-ordinate and prioritise inputs to different projects (personal time and contribution)
- Plan, deliver and monitor tasks and projects, ensuring requirements are delivered to time, quality and costs.
- Lead the capture and report learning from experience during and post task delivery.
- Support and lead the technical development and / or mentoring of team members.
- Support the clients promotion activities by preparing and delivering presentations, build and maintain academic links, attend and review conferences & generate and present technical papers. Use knowledge to identify opportunities and new work streams.
- Make engineering decisions within own sphere of responsibility and delegated authority.
- Promote effective contribution across teams.
- Ensure appropriate procedures and standards are correctly applied to technical activities,
- including ensuring that version and configuration control is maintained.
- Identify and champion new tools and techniques for use by the team.
- Identify continuous improvements and innovations in service provision and implement timely improvements to enhance the efficiency and quality of service provision.
- Maintain knowledge of industry best practice, promote a culture of best practice, and provide leadership to driving culture development and change.
- Leading Self: Is a role model, demonstrating the clients principles, promoting health, safety and wellbeing, respect and inclusion.
- Leading Others: Owns the performance and development of their team members, including effective and ongoing communication and feedback
- Leading Resources: Responsible for effective planning and organisation of resources to deliver on customer promise
- Degree (or equivalent qualification) in relevant technical discipline.
- Technical background preferably in systems or associated discipline.
- Experience delivering systems engineering solutions to radiometric instrumentation
- development and service applications to nuclear sector customers with the minimum of supervision
- Recognised as an expert by the company, peers and external customers in applying expertise to system engineering tasks and projects.
- Member of relevant institute or significant demonstrable engineering experience and capable of registration with the Engineering Council
- Chartered status.
- Breadth and depth of experience in a range of commercial or defence projects
- Experience in managing engineering scope for Projects from concept design to full Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC)
NRL connect global engineering companies with the right people to bring their projects to life. As we progress your application our team of talented recruiters will be on hand to support you to secure your next role.
We welcome applications from every walk of life, and are committed to driving diversity and inclusion within the industries we support. That’s why our Member Committed to Diversity status with the Association of Professional Staffing Companies is so important to us.
For temporary workers and contractors opting to work with us through our Pay As You Earn (PAYE) payroll service, we’re delighted to offer a wealth of benefits including access to virtual and telephone GP appointments 24/7, health and wellness resources, gym discounts and retail savings.