About the Role
The position is to cover a period of absence within the nuclear business. Overseeing a small workshop that primarily manufactures test rigs and equipment for use in the company’s laboratories.
The workshop team work closely with the engineering teams on a range of projects supporting our nuclear customers from R&D through to decommissioning.
- Work with the workshop Production Engineer to lead the workshop team and activities
- Ensure HSSE is maintained to the highest standard
- Meet the quality standard required for each project including all documentation
- Engage with internal customers to deliver equipment and rigs on time to project requirements
- Cost and delivery estimating for new work
- Managing the outsourcing of work as required
- Act as the RWC for welding within the workshop (desirable)
Skills / Experience
- The role is to manage a small engineering workshop that supports the Jacobs nuclear business
- Experience of managing workshop activities including conventional machining and fabrication
- Experience of working within a regulated industry would be advantageous.
- Welding inspection certified would be desirable